SerenaKetchum

How much of Pokémon have you seen?

I've seen all the movies and shorts/prequels ("TV movie" specials included), Chronicles, Origins, Mystery Dungeon and Mega Evolution specials. As for the TV series, the last episode I saw was "Securing the Future!", anything before it I've seen them all.

i am more active on pokemon games, i played all the core series and finished the elite four but some of the post game adventure still not finished...

i also download pokemon anime and movies, but im still on season 5, haha, still catching up to the latest episodes...

i am more active on pokemon games, i played all the core series and finished the elite four but some of the post game adventure still not finished... i also download pokemon anime and movies, but im still on season 5, haha, still catching up to the latest episodes...
That's approximately 750+ worth of episodes, lol. If anything, BW is skippable since it's considered to be the worst saga ever by the entire fan-base.

TOS & OL rewatch 2008ish, various eps up to S5 when it aired on TV after school on weekdays. COuldn't figure out when AG was on TV so didn't watch that comprehensively

Well, I guess AG wasn't so bad after all.

Don't get me wrong, the 4Kids dub wasn't perfect. Neither was 2/3 of Johto, but that was also Kids WB's fault for managing the dub when they had no business in doing so, that was 4Kids' job. I guess they didn't like the idea of the music video segments being placed after the episode, so they did away with those. As for the saga, well Advanced started out decent despite me not being able to watch it again after fall 2004, and the rescoring wasn't as awful compared to mid-Johto, but the dated dub music had no soul let alone any variety. They worked really well in the early episodes because the dub music was composed for those episodes only, and they blended very well with the original soundtracks. They were not appropriate after OS, and it was worse in the first season of DP.

Voice acting wise, I personally feel that Veronica Taylor despised voicing May. I mean, there was a lot of tension with her portrayal of the character and it just rubbed me the wrong way. She was just downright mean to Ash, Brock, Max and Drew, and while I can forgive her being an ass to Harley (he deserved it btw), Michelle Knotz did a better job voicing May IMO. Compare the scenes where 4Kids!May was a hothead and TPCI!May wasn't, yet the latter went against the animation (LOL). The differences are huge, and I don't think May was meant to be like Misty attitude-wise, the loud tone was unfitting for her character. It wouldn't surprise me if KWB was also responsible fo the voice direction, they changed in Johto League Champions.

Admittedly, I do have a soft spot for AG as strange as it sounds because I had nothing else to watch at the time. Everything was limited and the older DVD releases were garbage until Viz rectified the issue this decade. DP, on the other hand, I bear no nostalgic attachment seeing that I skipped some episodes and stopped in "Lost Leader Strategy" in 2008. I'd rather watch AG over DP any day, and my DP rant is for another time.

Posted (edited)

Is there a difference between Pokemon and Pocket Monsters?

But seriously, though, I've seen just about everything that got a dub. I'm only missing a bit of BW and Johto.

Edited by Ryu Taylor

Before I left my old job a few months ago, I binge-watched all of OS, AG and XY, intentionally skipping DP and BW in the process. It took me awhile to get through SM once I landed a new gig but I managed to catch up. Also I finally watched all the Pikachu's Winter Vacation specials, Pichu Bros in Party Panic, Mega Evolution Pokedex Shorts and Generations.